QA/QC Manager aka “The Professor”
Method Architecture is a uniquely ego-free architecture firm, committed to a systematic creative process that focuses on clients and their needs first and foremost. Operating with the flexibility of a small firm, but with a big reach, Method is a full-service architecture firm specializing in tenant finish and ground-up projects encompassing industrial, corporate interiors, healthcare, hospitality, breweries, retail and more.
The Professor’s role is focused on teaching and mentoring the design teams to review technical documents and specifications for compliance with applicable codes, construability and risk management. This position will also be responsible for evaluating, refining and building quality assurance processes for firmwide usage and implementation.
- Excited to educate the teams and help them to elevate their current skillset to the next level
- Teach teams to review work with both conventional practice and complex features
- Provide mentorship with complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures or difficult coordination requirements
- Take the staff on “Field Trips” to site visits with real projects under construction
- Host training sessions on red lining and drawing coordination
- Travel to all Method office locations regularly to engage with teams in person
- Work with design staff to pre-mortem projects prior to project kick-off
- Red line large/complex projects in conjunction with project teams
- Conduct Project Audits
- Maintaining company standards and processes for quality
- Assist design staff in detailing unique project specific conditions
Skills & Abilities
- Technical experience with spec writing, exterior envelope and building systems
- Working knowledge of Revit
- Processes minded
- Engaging communicator
- Extensive experience with a variety of complicated project types (ie: multi-family, mid-rise, parking garages, healthcare, federal/government projects)
- Ability to perform research of building materials and specifications to problem solve
- Experience with different service lines (ie: ground up buildings, tenant interiors, public work)
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in an architectural position preferred
- Experience with CSI specification formats is required
- Bachelor degree in Construction, Architecture, or related field
- Architectural License preferred but not required
This information is to be treated as an overview of the position and not all encompassing of the role. The management team has the ability to assign other tasks as needed to ensure the success of the position.
Submit your resume on our website: methodarchitecture.com/careers/current-openings/ No hard copies, drop-ins, phone calls, or recruiter inquiries will be accepted.
Life at Method
Method Architecture’s employees participate in a collaborative work environment that facilitates the cultivation of fresh and exciting ideas to fulfill the specific needs of the client. Method is pleased to have an open approach to employment with an ego-free, positive environment for employees in which everyone can thrive.
Method Architecture offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Unlimited vacation (subject to conditions)
- Flexible work schedules
- 100% paid employee health, dental, vision, & life/AD&D insurance
- Retirement account with employer matching
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Company retreat
- Team building activities