The Landmark Awards recognize real estate projects that make a significant impact on Houston and help sculpt the look, feel and image of the city. The judging panel selected 45 finalists across 16 categories this year. The Houston Business Journal will recognize all the finalists and reveal the winners during the Landmark Awards celebration on April 21 at Marriott Marquis Houston.
Method was a member of the project team for two awards in the Mixed Use category: MKT and Railway Heights.
M-K-T is a trail-oriented, mixed-use redevelopment of former industrial buildings in Houston’s historic Heights neighborhood. M-K-T features over 200,000 square feet of thoughtfully adapted space for creative office users, merchants, and chefs.
Developer: Radom Capital and Triten Real Estate Partners
Size: 216,000 SF
Architect: Michael Hsu Office of Architecture (Design Architect) & Method Architecture (Architect of Record)
Brokers: JLL and Shop Cos.
Financier: Long Wharf Capital
Railway Heights (8200 Washington)
8200 Washington consists of the renovation of an existing two-story pre-engineered metal building into a vibrant, mixed-use retail development called Railway Heights. The original building was an unoccupied steel framed warehouse in a historically industrial area of Houston, which has in recent years become a coveted zip code. The facility includes an indoor market and food hall that rivals that of other major cities’ like New York’s Chelsea Market and LA’s Grand Central Market. Outside, a half-acre of green space and a 10,000-square-foot beer garden.
Project Team: DMAC Construction, Method Architecture, KCI Technologies, Company of Nomads, Verde Communications, Easy Park
Size: 40,000 SF
Method Architecture Landmark Awards History
- 2015 – Maersk Training Center – Industrial Finalist
- 2015 – Beltway Crossing Northwest – Industrial Winner
- 2016 – Karbach Brewing Company – Special Projects Finalist
- 2017 – Mama Lycha Distribution Center – Industrial Finalist
- 2018 – Big Brothers Big Sisters Houston HQ – Community Impact Finalist
- 2019 – GHX Industrial – Headquarters Move Finalist
- 2019 – UPS Willowbrook Distribution Center – Industrial Winner
- 2021 – Park 249 – Industrial Finalist
- 2021 – The Block / Common Desk – Mixed-Use Finalist