April 15, 2019 – Houston, TX – Last Thursday evening, the Houston commercial real estate community came together to celebrate the 25th Annual Houston Business Journal Landmark Awards. The celebration recognized the top commercial real estate projects from 2018 as well as the Lifetime Achievement Award, an individual honor.
We are proud to announce that UPS Willowbrook Packaging Center won the Landmark Award for the Industrial category. The 68-acre development for UPS includes four tilt-wall buildings totaling 279,287 square-feet. These facilities include a package sorting facility, auto mechanic shop, wash tunnel and customer service center. This is the second Industrial Landmark award for the Alston Construction / Method Architecture project team.
Winners were selected from over 60 finalists across 19 categories. Projects are recognized for excellence in land planning, design, construction, economics, marketing and management. Entries were judged on impact to Houston, such as job creation, innovation, best use of land, site plan, development of surrounding neighborhoods, visual plan, amenities and being environmentally friendly.
The categories are:
- Community Impact
- Headquarters Move
- Land Deal
- Office Building or Campus
- Project Lease
- Project Sale
- Public Assembly
- Rehabilitation / Renovation
- Residential Development
- Special Project
- Workplace Interior
Method Architecture’s project, GHX Industrial, was named a Finalist for the Headquarters Move category.
Landmark Awards History
- 2015 – Beltway Crossing Northwest – Industrial Winner
- 2016 – Karbach Brewing Company – Special Projects Finalist
- 2016 – Ellen Lighting – Industrial Winner
- 2017 – Mama Lycha Distribution Center – Industrial Finalist
- 2018 – Big Brothers Big Sisters Houston HQ – Community Impact Finalist
- 2019 – GHX Industrial – Headquarters Move Finalist
- 2019 – UPS Willowbrook Distribution Center – Industrial Winner