Recently, our team competed in the 1st Annual Eat. Bake. Love. Competition benefiting the Houston Food Bank! The Valentine’s Day themed competition was hosted by WPS Solutions and Teknion. Our Beer Bread and Cheese Dip recipe won awards for “Best Savory” and “Most Philanthropic” for the teams’ fundraising efforts, donating 195 meals to the Houston Food Bank!
Now, the Method family recipes you’ve been waiting for:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 12 oz can of beer (we used Back Pew Brewing Satyr’s Swill)
- ¼ cup salted bulk butter melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Sift 3 cups of flour into large bowl. Add sugar and baking powder and stir. Pour can of beer on dry mixture and stir well. Pour dough into greased loaf pan and pour melted butter on top.
Bake 55 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cheese Dip (There’s beer in this too… we just can’t help it)
- 2 – 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 package of ranch dressing seasoning
- 1 bag of sharp cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup of beer of your choice (our choice was Bakfish Brewing Co.’s All Y’all Golden Ale)
Make sure the cream cheese is softened and then mix them all together! Wah-lah!