Eric Hudson, 35, was named to the 2018 Houston Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 Awards as an Honorable Mention. This year there were over 500 submissions for the award.
Eric began his career in architecture in 2004 as a project coordinator at Architects-Plus, a 2-person firm at the time. Over the next 8 years Eric played key roles within the firm growing the business to 8 employees and $1.4M in gross revenue. At the age of 31, he and his business partner, Keith Holley, acquired Architects-Plus from the former owner. In less than 2 years, Hudson and Holley grew the firm to 15 employees and $2.5M in gross revenue earning them the 27th spot on the University of Houston’s Cougar 100 list for fastest growing alumni-owned companies. In 2016, Hudson and his partner decided to merge with another successful Houston firm, Three Square Design Group to create Method Architecture.
In Fall 2017, Method Architecture announced the acquisition of an Austin-based firm and made their first move outside of Houston. Eric Hudson is the Principal-in-Charge of the Austin office while still maintaining his duties to the Houston business and clients. Eric’s leadership through the acquisition led to a smooth transition and expanded opportunities for Method Architecture.
While the honorable mentions aren’t recognized among the 2018 40 Under 40 honorees, if they are still eligible in the coming years, judges are asked to give preference to them. The judges this year were Reva Azeez, managing partner at RO2 Partners Inc. and a 2016 honoree; Hillary Holmes, partner at Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP and a 2015 40 Under 40 honoree; John Leggett, CEO at On Point Custom Homes and a 2016 40 Under 40 honoree; Carlecia Wright, director for the Office of Business Opportunity at the city of Houston and a 2013 honoree; and Gabriella Rowe, head of school at The Village School.
Here are the 2018 honorable mentions:
- Jenna Armstrong, 38, president and CEO at Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce
- Acho Azuike, 36, COO and managing director at DC Partners
- Lauren Hunt Brogdon, 30, senior associate at Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Amos Prosser Davis, 35, business unit counsel at The Coca-Cola Co., Minute Maid Business Unit
- Rui Diemart, 31, tax manager at KPMG LLP
- Aaron Gillaspie, 30, co-founder, president and CEO at Willis Park Corp.
- Eric Guerra, 26, owner at Republic Creations Inc.
- Eric Hudson, 35, principal at Method Architecture PLLC
- Henry Keculah Jr., 29, CEO at 4.0 GPA LLC
- Elizabeth McIngvale, 31, founder of The Peace of Mind Foundation and assistant professor at Baylor College of Medicine